James Hodgson - Triathlete
Posted on June 21 2018
Sunwise® are excited to announce sponsorship of young triathlete James Hodgson.
James first got a taste for multi-sport in 2013 when he competed in the Burntwood Spring Aquathlon. Having enjoyed the experience James continued to train and compete in aquathlons before targeting a GoTri Super Sprint Triathlon event where he became hooked on the sport.
In his successful first season James has managed to secure qualification places on the Great Britain Age Group Team at the International Triathlon Union World Sprint Championships in Chicago and the European Triathlon Championships in Lisbon during 2016.
Goals and Aims:
Sunwise® is looking forward to supporting James in 2016 as he aims to improve his results and qualify to represent GB at the World Championships in Cozumel and the 2017 European Championships. A motivated athlete, James is also aiming to gain a top 20 place at the Lisbon European Championships and compete in the British Sprint Triathlon Championships racing against the best athletes in his age group.
Race Results (2015):
- Tudor Grange Aquathlon (October) – 2nd overall, 2nd in age group
- ITU World Sprint Championship (Chicago, September) – 71st overall (15th British athlete), 22nd in age group (4th British athlete)
- Erewash Sprint Triathlon (August) – 6th overall, 2nd in age group
- Blithfield Sprint Triathlon (August) – 4th overall, 1st in age group
- City of Birmingham Sprint Triathlon (July) – 1st overall
- Southport Marine Lake Sprint Triathlon (ITU European Qualifier, June) – 12thoverall, 3rd in age group (qualified for 2016 European Sprint Championship)
- Barton Marina Sprint Triathlon (June) – 6th overall, 5th in age group
- Nottingham Sprint Triathlon (ITU World and European Qualifier, May) – 49thoverall, 11th in age group (qualified for 2015 World Sprint Championship)
- BRAT Lichfield Sprint Triathlon (April) – 2nd overall
- Burntwood Spring Aquathlon (March) – 5th overall, 4th in age group
James wears our Waterloo White model. Part of the Chromafusion® 2.0 range the light-reacting lenses and advanced anti-fog make them well suited to triathlon disciplines alongside the lightweight frame and impact and water resistant lenses. Find out more.